Motto: Lege artis
Professor at the Department of Language Communication, Faculty of Mass Media Communication, University of SS Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Slovak Republic;
EDUCATION AND DEGREES
|2011 Professor at the Department of Germanic and Finno-Ugric Philology||Kiev National Linguistic University, Ukraine|
|2010 Doctor of Philological Sciences||Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine|
|2000 Doctor of Philological Sciences||Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow|
|1991-1994 post doctoral courses||Moscow State Linguistic University, Moscow|
|1985 Candidate of Philological Sciences||Kyiv State Taras Shevchenko University|
|1979-1982 post graduate courses||Kyiv State Pedagogical Istitute of Foreign Languages|
|1975 Diploma of Higher Education with Highest Honours||Gorlivka State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages|
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
1995 – 2016 Scientific Supervisor of the Post-graduate Students
2000 – 2006 a member of Professional Women’s Advisory Board of American Biographical Institute
1996-1999 International Exchange Programs Advisor, Teachers’ Resource Centre Manager
1990-1995 Translator of the American teams of healers
1990-1997 Translator of Canadian teams from the Children’s Fund International «Light the Way»
1989, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2013, 2018, 2019, 2019 – official opponent at the public defence of candidate dissertations and Associate Professor habilitation
2005 – 2010: a member of the Promotion Council in Donetsk National University (Specialty «Comparative-historical and typological linguistics» and «Germanic languages»)
2014 – 2015: a member of the Promotion Council in National Linguistic University, Ukraine (Specialty «General linguistics» and «Germanic languages»)
2016: Editor-in-Chief of the journal «Lege artis. Language yesterday, today, tomorrow».
2018 – present a member of the Scientific Council of Faculty of Mass Media Communication, University of SS Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Slovak Republic
FIELDS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
Stylistics, lexicology, cognitive linguistics, text linguistics, literary time, translation studies, intercultural studies, Iris Murdoch and Ray Bradbury, folklore (fairy tales, songs), psycholinguistics (emotiology), gender studies, English teaching.
Hobbies: travelling, swimming and stretching up in water, singing in a church choir, dogs, tiny bells and thimbles, crystal therapy, phytotherapy.
MEMBERSHIP IN EDITORIAL BOARDS
- Questions of theoretical and applied linguistics. Belgorod, Belgorod State University, Russia (a member of the editorial board since 2012) (in Russian – Вопросы теоретической и прикладной лингвистики). ISSN 2408-9346
- US – China Foreign Language. USA, El Monte. David Publishing Company (a reviewer since 2012) ISSN 1539-8080 (in hard copy), ISSN 1935-9667 (online).
- Communication Today (Trnava, Slovakia) (a member of the editorial board since 2013) ISSN 1338-130X. The journal is abstracted and indexed in Scopus and Clarivate Analytics – Web of Science.
- European Journal of Science and Theology – ISSN 1841-0464 (printed), 1842-8517 (online) – (a reviewer 2014 — 2019). European Journal of Science and Theology is abstracted and indexed in Scopus and Erih Plus databases.
- Lege artis. Language yesterday, today, tomorrow. Trnava, Slovakia; Publishing House De Gruyter Open (Editor-in-chief since 2016). ISSN 2453-8035 The journal is abstracted and indexed in 23 databases including Clarivate Analytics — Emerging Sources Citation Index and Clarivate Analytics — Web of Science.
- Cognition, communication, discourse. V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine (a member of the editorial board since 2019) ISSN 2218-2926
- Visnyk of Kyiv National Linguistic University. Series Philology. Kyyiv National Linguistic University, Kyyiv, Ukraine (a member of the editorial board since 2019) ISSN 2415 – 7333, e-ISSN 2311 — 0821
- RUDN Journal of Studies in Literature and Journalism. Moscow, Russia. / Вестник Российского университета дружбы народов. Серия: Литературоведение. Журналистика. (a member of the editorial board since 2020) ISSN 2312-9220 (Print) ISSN 2312-9247 (Online)
IATEFL International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (1994)
USSE The Ukrainian Society for the Study of English (Ukrainian branch of ESSE) (1999-2005)
CZASE Czech Association of English (Czech branch of ESSE) (2006)
ICLA (since 2010) International Cognitive Linguistics Association
SCLA (since 2010) Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Association (University of Sheffield, UK)
CEELBAS (since 2010) Centre for East European Language Based Area Studies (University of Sheffield, UK)
SkASE (since 2010) Slovak Association for the Study of English (University of Kosice, Slovakia)
PROFESSIONAL HONOURS, AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
|Commemorative plate of Johannes Sambucus in connection with the University of SS Cyril and Methodius jubilee|
|Commemorative medal of SS Cyril and Methodius in connection with the University of SS Cyril and Methodius jubilee|
|2017||Rector’s Award (Cena rektora) for the considerable contribution to the development of science and research in the domain of linguistics|
|2012||Commemorative medal of SS Cyril and Methodius in connection with the University of SS Cyril and Methodius jubilee|
|2012||Golden medal of SS Cyril and Methodius in connection with personal jubilee|
|2005||The Best Scientific Research Worker of the Year 2005 (3d place)
Horlivka State Pedagogical Institute for Foreign Languages Competition
|1998, 2002, 2003||A Letter of Honour of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine|
|2001||Honorary Title and a Badge of Honour for Excellence in Teaching in Ukraine|
|1996||Three-week Summer School in Chester, Great Britain|
|1994, 2005||A Letter of Honour of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for the winner of the Small Academy of Sciences (the 1st place)|
Ukrainian, Russian (native speaker), English (fluent), French, Czech, Slovak (basic), Latin (working knowledge), Greek (understanding)
GRID study on the semantics of emotion terms across languages and cultures. This project is initiated by Swiss National Center of Competence in Research together with University of Geneva and University of Gent (Belgium) (March 2008-2010).
PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
I have taken part in 112 international conferences and workshops in Austria, Bulgaria, Byelorussia, China, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Japan, Israel, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and USA.
I am the author of 204 publications, among them: books, text-books and dictionaries – 7, articles and chapters in collective monographs – 16, articles in scientific journals, newsletters, etc. – 107, scholarly papers and conference presentations – 36, abstracts – 28, published review – 2, scripts – 1, other publications – 7.
These papers have been published in the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Byelorussia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, the USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom (19)